Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite. It primarily focuses on improvement dental aesthetics in color, position, shape, size, alignment and overall smile appearance.
Cosmetic dentistry may involve:
- Addition of a dental material to teeth or gums – examples: bonding, porcelain veneers (laminates), crowns (caps), gum grafts
- Removal of tooth structure or gums – examples: enameloplasty, gingivectomy
- Fixing cosmetic problems of teeth and gums – examples: teeth whitening (bleaching), laser whitening, gum depigmentation
- Straightening of teeth accompanied by improvement in appearance of face – orthodontics
There are many different procedures for cosmetic dentistry, such as:
- Teeth reshaping (sculpting) and bonding
- Laser whitening
- Tooth bleaching
- Tooth reshaping removes parts of the enamel to improve the appearance of the tooth. It may be used to correct a small chip, or to alter the length, shape or position of teeth.
- Dental bridges are false teeth, known as a pontics, which are fused between two porcelain crowns to fill in areas left by missing teeth. Two crowns hold it in place, these are attached to adjacent sides of the false tooth.
- Veneers are ultra-thin, custom-made porcelain laminates that are bonded directly to the teeth. They are an option for closing gaps, enhance the shape, or change the color of teeth that do not respond well to whitening procedures.
- Dental Implants are prosthetic replacements for missing teeth.
We offer these great services to help our valued clients in and around the Sydney area get that perfect smile that they have always wanted. If you are looking for great cosmetic dentistry services, ask us how, today!